February 17, 2012

What's on my easel - Feb

Artist Self-portrait ( unfinished ). oil on canvas. 30x15". Feb 14, 2012

This painting in early progress is an attempt of looking at myself and a record of my painting life as well. There was no specific set up for the lighting when I started to paint. Instead, I simply walked into my studio, took a look into the mirror and tried to capture the moment reflected right there and then. It's about one and half hour. I took a photo because I felt that at this early stage I was able to capture the colors quickly and almost effortlessly. For the next stage, I hope that I could continue to paint with the same spirit. Painting from life has always been my passion, it helps to train my eyes and allows me to learn how to observe the objects. It is a challenge that I absolutely enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment